Started off with a papier mache mini torso and painted it with black Powertex.
Covered a piece of t-shirt fabric in black Powertex and modeled it around the torso trying to create as may ruffles as possible.
Once completely dry I literally painted it with a mix of red Powertex pigment and DecoArt media satin varnish.
I didn't want to just hi-light the ruffles of texture, I actually wanted a red base over the black Powertex.
As you can see I managed to achieve quite a deep red.
Next I started to introduce the gold pigment and this time I did just want to hi-light the ruffles.
And from the back.
And the right side.