Another make shift sculpture using a wooden meat hammer from Wilkos and a dolls head and bust from the pound shop.
Padded out with tinfoil and covered in masking tape, head is painted with acrylic paint.
To get a feel of what it's going to look like and how much fabric I need, I always dress the sculpture roughly how I want it to look.
I used bronze Powertex and wrapped the t-shirt fabric all the way round to the base.
I felt she needed something else as she looked a bit too plain and I also needed to sort out the base. So again, I draped some fabric over her to get the look I was after.
Once the fabric was wet with the Powertex it became heavier and so didn't drape as it did above, but I was still happy with the way it looked.
Then I did the hat in ivory. She needs some drying time now.
Was hoping to get a photo outside today in the sun, but it's raining again! So, here she is after a night in the airing cupboard, so she is fairly dried out, but will dry out even more over the next couple of weeks. I have decided not to give her robe any pigment colour so it doesn't clash with the gold on the fabric of the first layer.
I have to say that I'm really pleased with the way she has turned out.
As you will know by now from all my other posts this week, PaperArtsy have a challenge theme of liquid sculpting medium.
The sun has popped out and enabled me to get a half decent photo.