I don't have any photos of the first stages, but basically what I did was to cut out rough circles in red fabric and covered them with Americana Fabric Stiffener which is transparent. I then draped each one over a little pot and scrunched the edges. This is them after they have dried. I also coated some string too.
I painted some tiny polystyrene balls with black shimmer dazzling metallic paint.
I wanted a canvas but didn't have one the right shape, but I did manage to find a box that one of Martins ski tops came in. I painted it with deep turquoise and apple green multi surface paint.
Once the balls were dry I glued them into clumps.
And finally my finished piece. I'm hoping you can see poppies.
All products are from the DecoArt range. Stamps are PA mini script and SN stamp set.
PaperArtsy have a theme of liquid sculpting medium.