Using one of the 6 x 6 canvas's I brought back from holiday I set to prep-ing using the rust technique that Andy Skinner recently shared
at CHA. You can see it here.
And this is what I ended up with.
And these are the edges of the canvas using TH steampunk stamp and the dirty wash.
If I do this again next time I will completely cover the canvas first and then add the modeling paste through the stencil, rather than add it then paint it.
Using my new to me Finn stamps I used the PA very rare tissue paper, painted the back, cut it out and used DecoArt matte medium to adhere it to the canvas and ran round the edge with the dirty wash.
And finally added a cracked heart, a wooden cog by Prima and the idea-ology spinners and brad.
All paints and mediums used are from the DecoArt range.