Lin and Kirsten kindly sent me a plastic skull, both different sizes. Using mold-n-pour I made moulds from them.
So after I'd revived my clay, I made some copies and also used a cookie cutter to cut out the hearts.
The background was created on a piece of chipboard by firstly painting it in white gesso, followed by a layer of white crackle paint, once dry the layers were built up using black paint, a layer of ultra matte medium and then another layer of black paint and finally dry brushed with white gesso.
The heart was painted with gesso, cracked with crackle glaze and black antiquing cream applied. The washers were rusted with quinacridone gold.
I added a strip of metal which I got at last years Version Scrap show, coloured the skulls and added gems for the eyes.
All media products used are from DecoArt.