When we went to Port Sunny Tracey from Lavinia stamps was demo-ing a gelli plate and using ink pads as her medium, as opposed to the traditional acrylic paints. You can actually see what she did at the show on her video here. I used Adirondak to brayer on the background, but only have a black versa fine pad, so instead used Stazon. As you can see, it didn't work, it left white spaces. Oh and the image fell off my acrylic block too!!!
So I tried again, but this time used distress inks to stamp the images onto the gelli plate and as you can see, this worked much better, at least the colour came through this time.
As I didn't know if it would work or not I didn't take too much care to make sure it filled the whole page, so I brayered across the top and edged with walnut stain distress ink and coloured the main LP PA image with distress ink markers. I think it needs some more black on it to balance it out so I may add some random script or I may cut up a quote and add it.