Sunday 22 December 2013

Book Cover


Over on the PA blog Liz has been back this week and although I've not had a lot of time I was inspired by her wonderful book which you can see here.  I haven't had time to decorate a book, but I've made a start with a cover.


Close up of the LP image stamped in royal purple stazon, housed in the TH idea-ology fancy frame.


And instead of metal I ran a piece of silver sticky foil through a texture fade, coloured it with snow cap, wild plum and sail boat blue alcohol ink and then rubbed on renaissance and onyxite treasure gold.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Like you, I loved the book but haven't have time to even find one let alone start the cover - this looks amazing!

chrissie said...

Great book cover Sam--love the colours and images.

Hope your day is going well

Love Chrissie x

Jenny Marples said...

A fabulous transformation of the cover here Sam. Jenny x

massofhair said...

Great cover, hopeto see more as and when you make the book:-)

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous book cover, I love the purple color and images.

Sarah B said...

beautiful colours - very pretty ! x

laury55 said...

gorgeous work

Darcy Marshall said...

Looks great, the foil worked perfectly, great substitution.

Marianne said...

Lovely cover; I like purple so I think it's awesome!!
xxx Marianne

ionabunny said...

Love your embossed silver foil. Those colours are gorgeous. Fantastic cover

Anonymous said...

Fab-u-lous, I love it!

Julie Lee said...

Well done for finding the time to create something so beautiful at this very busy time! I love this; it's gorgeous. Julie Ann xx

Sid said...

Fab cover, so well designed !! Love your colour !

Blog Archive