Now this is a long story but it has to do with Twitter, PaperArtsy and Ally Pally!! Say no more I hear you cry!! We were asked to hash tag 3UP and PAtwit. No-one knew what 3UP was but the PAtwit was a PaperArtsy Twitter follower. So I did my duty and hash tagged and these turned up in the post after receiving a DM via Twitter. I was asked to make something with them by 26 April and email a photo for the PA Blog.
I sponged the wooden plaque with cut n dry foam in various colours of fresco paints, vanilla, limelight, zesty zing, smoked paprika, pumpkin soup, london bus, eggplant, beach hut and probably some others!!
The rough diamond stencil was sponged through with Baltic blue and bumped with stone fresco paints.
My lovely and now real friends, Helen and Carol, both very kindly sent me some crackly tissue paper as it's now discontinued as Leandra can't find anything as good to do the same job! So I stamped these 3 images in black stazon as I wasn't sure which I wanted to use and the crackly tissue is so rare, you can't waste any!!
Then onto my favourites the crocheted flowers (not), and the Tando chipboard key and I also threw in an ornate frame from my stash. I coloured them all with eggplant and south pacific fresco paint.
I turned the stamped images over and painted them from the back in fresco paints. Once finished I completely covered the backs in snowflake.
After playing about with the images I decided on this one. I painted golden matte medium on the wood, laid the crackly tissue image on and painted the matte medium over the top whilst smoothing it out at the same time. Once dried I blended in the edges with fresco paint.
I stamped the script from the ink and the dog background #2 plate in black stazon and white versamagic ink randomly over the background avoiding the main image. I took this photo outside when the sun was out. The colours are a truer reflection.
And finally I added one of the flowers to which I added a brad and coloured it with the vintaj patina paint. Stamped the word admire from the ink and the dog vintage nudes #2 plate and mounted it in the ornate frame with a couple of yellow brads and stamped the frame with script in black stazon. The key looked totally lost in the background, so I painted it black and stamped it in white ink to give more definition.
It has been showcased on the blog here.