Still playing catch up with Linda's last week of DT over at the PaperArtsy blog. To find out what's going on check out here technique here. I used grunge paste and images from ink and the dog plates for the background of the tag.
I used eggplant and claret to colour the tag. I then sanded it back to reveal some of the white and give me a smooth surface to work on.
For the top and bottom I used a blend of haystack, smoked paprika, pumpkin soup and brown shed fresco paints on the T!m Holtz pediment dies.
I used schizzle foil (now that could be completely wrong, but it's from PA), by stamping the ink and the dog image in versamark, covering with Ranger sticky embossing powder, heating, and whilst still hot and sticky, pressing the foil into the images. I used white foil.
I then had to choose an image, so from my new LP #22 plate I chose the one above and the one below. I stamped one in black stazon and one in versamark and covered them both with black embossing powder.
I did the same with this image too.
I coloured the chosen image with distress ink markers and a water brush. It sort of blended into the background, so I mounted it on a scrunched piece of black tissue paper tinted with pewter treasure gold. The charms have been coloured with vintaj patina (the green set), buffed up and again rubbed with pewter TG.
I then had a change of tact and decided to use a hanging chunky board to mount the tag on instead of going the way Linda went with hers. I gave it a base coat of guacamole and then blended in limelight and zesty zing. I stamped the crackle image in black stazon.
I twisted some green sari ribbon around the string hanger.
And this is the completed piece.
Close up of the embossed image coloured with distress ink markers.
Close up of the top with the schizzle foil.
And the treasure gold on the the black tissue paper.
It's so much better when the sun is shining because the colours actually look how they do in real life!!