I've been having a play with the PaperArtsy Grunge Paste. I just spread some across a piece of card and pressed some bubble wrap into it and let it dry.
Here is a close up of the bubble wrap in the top piece.
I stamped into some but I think the grunge paste was too thick. For some reason I thought I had to have it thick to press into.
So then I applied a much thinner coat and stamped in a more detailed image.
I scraped some on black card and left the piece on the left untouched and scratched the pallet knife through the section on the right.
I used limelight Fresco paint to go over the grunge paste so it was easier to see. I used limelight as it's a translucent.
This is the left hand side of the black card, but before I applied the paint and stamped on the top, I sanded it and it still kept the properites, but was smooth - weird!!!
After painting in the limelight, I used black soot distress ink lightly inked over the top.
And lastly I painted with limelight, then took my walnut stain ink pad and went direct to the card, but it was way too dark, so I took a babywipe and wiped it all off, this took most of the paint off too but left it in the crevases. On the left key I decided to try and stamp over the image in black soot. Now this would of worked better if I'd of lined the stamp up accurately, but I was only playing.