Monday, 17 December 2012

Bumping on Bumping


I used the Leandra bump technique for this tag, but I did dark on light and I should of done it the other way round to give myself a lighter background to stamp on.


So Leandra suggested that I did a double bump, ie do it again.  This time I used South Pacific first and went over the top with Nougat which really lightened it up.


And I finished it off with PaperArtsy script and an LP image stamped onto a mini tag in black stazon, mounted onto a piece of black tissue paper.  I lightly coloured the tag with aged mahogany distress ink.  Finished with fibres at the top and a piece of crunchy waxed crackle paper at the bottom.

6 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

great technique and another great tag
Hugs Kate
xx

hazel said...

A fabulous tag Sam, I love how you've done the background.
xxx Hazel.

Helen said...

She knows what she's talking about, doesn't she?!! Love the background, and the finished tag is perfect.

Burnice said...

I am soooo liking this technique. Must give it a go.
Burn xx

chrissies said...

Very interesting technique Sam and it make a wonderful background for your tag

Love Chrissie xx

Julia S-W said...

I watched this video and loved what Leandra did! I won't have time this side of Christmas to have a go but love what you've done here with your first go!
Just in case I don't get round before THE day, I'll wish you a Merry Christmas and will catch up with you in the New Year.
Juliaxx

ME

My Photo
Hi I'm Sam, 43, birthday in October - Any piece of art gratefully rec'd - Thanks. OH, Martin, been together 23 years and still no plans to get married!!! We love spending time with our pupster, especially when the weather is dry and we get to take him to the woods. I love any sort of crafting and would say that I am adventurous with new materials. We love going skiing in any winter resort, but mainly the States or Canada, they have better snow!! We lost our first beardie, Max, August 2006 at a ripe old age of 14 and 1/4. Since then Frazzie has come along, he is now 6 years and 7 months old and is still a little Bugger, Bugger!!! Unfortunately in December 2008 we lost Alfie at 14 months old after only having a short time of 7 weeks loving and caring for him. He found a good buddie in Fraz and loved him to bits.

Blog Archive