Saturday, 12 February 2011

Stamping with backgrounds


I used some of the marbling and alpha/numeric backgrounds that I recently created.  I stamped the T!m image with black stazon onto the marbled background and tore around the edges.  I stamped the word imagine down the right hand side and over stamped it with weathered wood distress ink to give it a shadowed look.  Once mounted onto another piece of torn background I used the coffee stains stamp with black distress ink on the top right and bottom left corners to blend both pieces together.  I threaded cream ribbon through some of the holes where the page had been torn from the pink pig sketchbook.

9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great effect love the merging and layering both backgrounds work brilliently. XOXO Zoe

Femmy said...

gorgeous card Sam!!

Dezinaworld said...

Wow thats stunning sam. it looks 3 dimensional. brilliant work
Please pop by my blog if you get time and grab the 24 hour freebie digi stamp (altered alice ) while its there.
Have a wonderful and creative weekend
hugs June

craftytrog said...

Fantastic arty piece Sam! Love the BG stamped with paint! xx

All mixed up maz said...

Hi nice art piece xx

Samantha Read said...

Brilliant Sam x

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful piece. thansk for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Mags said...

Great piece Sam.

LazyKay said...

I always get overwhealmed by backgrounds but what you've done here really works.

xxxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive