Thursday 10 February 2011

JFF - Week 2 - Time Flies


Just for Fun is into it's second week now and following on with the 'wings' theme, this week I was asking for a time element to be added.  This is because I will be 'winging' pardon the pun, my way over to the states soon for my annual ski holiday.

Again I used a piece of corrugated, but this time I stuck a piece of netting from my bag of tangerines over the top.  Covered in gesso (as it was orange) and when dry applied lots of metallic acrylic dabbers, gold, silver, copper and pearl and again hi-lighted some of the raised texture with black.  All the items are cut from silver coloured metal with the bigshot using spellbinder dies.  They were a bit too shiny so I added black acrylic paint to them to give them a bit more of a weathered look!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece Sam! Aha! I recognise that spellbinder die! Have a fabulous trip! xx

Zoechaos said...

Looks great Sam love the tangarine bag the squares are so effective. XOXO Zoe

Femmy said...

fabulous Sam!!!

Sue said...

OOOh Sam this is gorgeous, I'm loving your tangerine netting technique. I can feel my PaperArtsy stamps shouting to come out for this one!
Hope you have a fab time on your skiing trip and wear a helment (that's the Mum part in me coming out lol ) x

Von said...

The texture queen does it again !!! fab piece Sam :)
Von x

Lynne said...

This is fabulous piece of work so much depth and texture. Love it. Will have to try the net technique. Enjoy your trip. x

Mags said...

Oh this is lovely Sam, fab textured background.

Have a very safe holiday!

Andrea said...

Another fab piece Sam,love it,love the way you bring everyday items into your art,brilliant

JoZart Designs said...

That's a stunning masterpiece!
Have a great holiday and take care.
Hugs Jo x

All mixed up maz said...

fab piece sam love the colours
c u soon xx

Yvonne said...

Magnificent piece, Sam!

Chris said...

Wow, love this Sam. Fab textured background and the diecut embellies look great.

Cath Wilson said...

Gorgeous, Sam! Love the new Challenge blog, too :D

donna said...

This piece is begging to be touched! I love all of your elements and layers. You have a lot of fun stuff on your blog I love your mrable and alphabet backgrounds!

LazyKay said...

Excellent display piece, I love all the textures.

xxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive