Saturday, 3 July 2010

Tissue Fabric


I made this background using a couple of sheets of vliesofix, calico, napkins, angelina fibres and watered down acrylic paint.  Once completely dry I machine sewed the grid using both straight and zig zag stitch.


I used all sorts of embellishments to decorate each of the squares.  These included stamped Angelina fibres, beads, sequins, alterations dies, skeleton leaves and painted tyvek.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Oh wow, Sam. I absolutely love this. The embellies look great on the background. I'm going to have to play tomorrow. :o)

Burnice said...

Brilliant - your bestest yet me thinks. It's gorgeous.
Burnice x

Laura said...

Gorgeous. A fabulous creation and technique.

downrightcrafty said...

love all the details that you put in to your art work, especially love the fibre pieces added
Hugs Kate x

Sid said...

Very nice piece !

JoZart said...

That is soooo cool.... You really are going great guns with textile experiments and getting fab results.
Jo x

June said...

Ohhh thats so pretty, you are so inventive my friend
huga June xxx

Deborah said...

Makes a beautiful understated base for your fab embellishments.

ju said...

Sam that is just beautiful! xx

LazyKay said...

This is a stunning piece of art.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blog Archive