I stitched this piece of hand dyed vilene which I'd previously burnt into with my textile tool and a brass stencil. I used straight stitch first and went over it with a tight zig zag. I left the threads long in the bottom right hand corner so that I could add some beads and sequins. Thanks once again to Jo for this fab tip, hope I've done it ok Jo!!!!!
Again this piece of canvas is another that I'd already prepared. I stitched it on with straight stitch going round it twice. I added the piece of fibre down the side using a large zig zag stitch. I was quite pleased with how this bit turned out as I've not done it before and didn't know if it would work or not. I usually stick them on first. Again I left the bottom piece quite long to attach some wooden beads.
*****Edited***** I've entered this piece into this weeks Tuesday Taggers Challenge which is Canvas. It is being sponsored by Art from the Heart. Good luck everyone.
This piece is made from Angelina fibres with feathers, a skeleton leaf and wool fibres trapped between two layers. I secured it around the edges using straight then tight zig zag stitch and randomly used a straight stitch to secure it further. I used metaillic thread for the first time too.
All the backgrounds were brayered with ink from the big n juicy waterfall pad by Ranger.