Saturday 10 October 2009

Lotstodo Challenge - Brights

When I last visited Hilda she gave me loads of fab things to alter, one of them was this mirror from Ikea. I covered a couple of sheets of canvas with bright acrylic paints, once dry I cut them up into various sizes and made a collage around the mirror. I painted the sides in sunshine yellow acrylic dabbers. It actually looks much better IRL with the mirror piece showing instead of the stamped image, but it's the only way I could photograph it without my reflection!!!!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Great piece and a great challenge. This is the perfect challenge for me as there is an idea I have that I need to do to push myself to develop further. I think the image in the middle works real well.

Anonymous said...

Love this Sam! xx

downrightcrafty said...

lol I would not have minded your reflection hun...... lovely colour so much of it and very effective.... a little pink there???
Kate x

crafty creations said...

A fantastic altering of the frame Sam - love it

x Hilda

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Fab work Sam :) And, lol, in case I've left any non-sensical messages, I only just worked out that you and another Sam I know aren't the same person, so I've been talking to both of you as one :P (Yeah, I might not be bright, but I'm happy :P)

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic can picture it on the wall looking fabulous.

Andrea said...

Love this Sam,it'll look fab hung on the wall
xxx

Ang C said...

It certainly is bright - looks fab!!!!

mommabear said...

Its brill Sam love the colours

Glenda T. said...

I just love how you did the squares of colors, stunning!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Fantastic effect. I bet this was brilliant fun to create.

LazyKay said...

What a brill idea it looks very modern and arty. I love the colours you've used.

xxxxxxxx

Minxy said...

WOW now that is bright, but it looks excellent x

Blog Archive