Sunday 4 October 2009

Domino & Bottle Cap Swap


Andrea over on Lotstodo is hosting a bottle cap and domino swap. I hammered my bottle tops flat, punched out various papers and images, added words and / or embellishments and attached them to the bottle caps, linked 3 together using jump rings and a piece of chain and added a charm, or in the case of the one on the left, the bottom of a zip!!!!

These are the larger foam dominos. I lightly coloured them with distressed alcohol inks and then stamped the various images using black stazon. I added marmalade distress stickles on the crown of the first one, a utee star on the middle one and a black clay heart coloured with silver dabbers on the Mona one.

I decorated the edges with window lead after I'd run them through the cuttlebug and applied some black acrylic dabber paint.

17 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Brilliant!

LazyKay said...

Brill idea using the CB on the dominoes - gives a great effect.

Love the images you've chosen.

I've never had any success with bottle tops but you've made yours look good.

xxxxxxxx

Andrea said...

Fab,love the window lead edges and great images too
xxx

Andrea said...

Sorry should have put these together
Love how you've hung your bottle tops,they look great
xxx

crafty creations said...

Love em - in particular the leaded edges

crafty creations said...

Me again didn't realise that the bottle tops were on the same post lol - they are amazing Sam and love the way you've attached them to each other

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Sam - love what you've done with the dominoes - great ideas - will have to join in this one xx

Femmy said...

these are fabulous Sam!! great bottlecaphangers and the domino's are also great!!

ju said...

Aw these are brill!'specially like the bottle tops - great idea!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Wow, these are all fab!

Zoechaos said...

WOW these are fabulous so much detail in each one.

Neet said...

I have a bottlecap belt I once made and I loved it but I got fed up when I spent an entire weekend banging bottlecaps back in the old days - thank goodness there are machines that can do it now.
These are fab andf I so wish I had had time to join in some of these swaps.
Love your stuff!

mommabear said...

Thet are fantastic Sam

downrightcrafty said...

Hiya
I feel that most people have missed your bottle tops, of which I feel I need to comment on the colour combo and images used. Without looking up close how you have flattened the lids makes it look like a lace effect from the photo. Very nice
kate x

Debbie said...

Wow - the bottle caps are amazing

Minxy said...

I wondered how you got such a cool looking image and then read it was foam dominoes... very unusual.. but i like em alot.. and your BT dangles are fab too, especially the zip bit x

Chris said...

Ooooh I love how you've attached the bottle tops. And the window leaded edging is brill, gives a great finish to the dominoes.

Blog Archive