Saturday 9 May 2009

Lotstodo Week 19 Challenge - Stripes / Lines


Sue, this one is especially for you, pink and flowery!!!!! The canvas was coated in bees wax. The napkin was soaked in the melt pot directly in the melted beeswax, pulled out and laid on the canvas. I used my new tool with the small iron shaped extension to re-heat the wax to adhere it to the canvas, smoothed it out with the flat surface and added a piece of ribbon. It doesn't show up very well on the picture but there are lots of different shades of pink stripes behind the flower and on the right there are stripes too - you just have to look closely!!!!

14 comments:

Beccy said...

Wow Sam that is fabulous - love the oh so not you colours.

hugs Beccy xxxxx

Paper Paradise said...

I DON'T BELIEVE IT, well yeah I suppose I do because it's happened to me recently lol. I bet you'll be back in grunge mode before I can say 'pink flowers' lol. Great techniques as usual. There are not many techniques you've not had a go at! See you soon.
Sue x

Ang C said...

Looks great Sam and definately not your usual stuff!!!

Zoechaos said...

Its a lovely work of art but then you tell us how you did it and as a stranger to your blog (so sorry not to have visited before) am fasinated by what you do.

LazyKay said...

Lovely melted wax and I can see the stripes ok - great piece - and pink too - your favourite colour? (roflmao)

xxxxxxx

having a {me} day said...

I love your canvas and the techniques you've used. Never tried that one!! I must give it a go sometime. Stunning! katxx

Femmy said...

beautiful canvas, love it!

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Sam - WOW - where do you get your ideas from! What a great piece - love the colours. So envious of your skills. See you soon xx

Mags said...

This is sooooooo not you Sam, but it is fab! Did you have to lie down afterwards to get over it!!!!!

ju said...

Fab canvas Sam! x

Ellen said...

this is fab I'd almost like it if it wasn't for the p..k ( lucky it looks a different colour from my screen.
I love the use of the wax here very creative. I'm amazed the napkin didn't tear.. must try that out now I've got a MELTPOT

LazyKay said...

Oooh, like the 'new look' blog!

xxxxxxxx

lottie said...

Brilliant - love it

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Its good to experiment dont you think, discovering new things. This works really well. Thankyou for the challenge theme.

Blog Archive