Saturday 30 May 2009

Butterfly Peg


I decided to something completely different with my second peg. When we went to AFTH last weekend I tret myself to 3 of the new AI's in the lights. I got willow, juniper and salmon. As I haven't used them yet I thought I ought to get them out. This is how I created the wings. I then stuck them to a piece of mountboard to strenghten them. I then printed the basic butterfly shape onto acetate, which is the shadowy sort of look you can see in the photo. I've scored it each side of the peg to make the wings stick up. I coloured the peg copper, added copper wire and beads, wobbly eyes, a gem for the nose and a bead for the mouth and a couple of pins for the antennae.


7 comments:

Ang C said...

Oh wow!!!! I absolutely love this - how fantastic!!!!

Beccy said...

Another fab peg Sam well done I can just picture a line of pegs like that make hanging out the washing more fun.
Bec xxx

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous!

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, fab peg makeover and those AI wings look great!

Paper Paradise said...

Never seen the light AI's in use, but now I'm going all pink and pretty, think I need some, nice......

Sue x

LazyKay said...

Love the 'face' great work - now I've got to go off and think (I 'stole' a peg today - a wooden one - mine were all plastic).

xxxxxx

Zoechaos said...

Am chuckling over this peg its delightfully silly. Love Bec's comment about using them for the washing!

Blog Archive