Wednesday 24 October 2018

All Dressed Up


I picked up these candlesticks from the car boot, £1.50 for them all.


I gave them a coat of silver paint and then dry brushed with black.


I picked up the smaller skull and pumpkin from Hobby Craft and the middle skull is from a pack of four from Morrisons. The jaw moves on that one! Using Powertex and Stoneart I made them look like stone.


Next I made a couple of hats using cardboard and t-shirt fabric.


Adding scrim, fibres, charms and wooden embellishments.


And finally I added a feather. He is sat on both of the smaller candlesticks.


For the pumpkin I simply added a hat that I already had. 


For this hat I covered the piece of lace with transparent Powertex and added it to the rim once the black had dried.


And here they are all lined up together. 

It's such good fun and the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Blog Archive