Sunday 14 January 2018

Indian Runner Duck


The body and legs have been made by sculpting toy filling to form the core.


I used my slicker brushes for the first time as I had a bright orange and a bright yellow but neither were the right colour, so I blended them together to create the beak and cover the feet and legs. I used a NZ carded batt in apricot colour for the main body. (All from the Felt Box.)


Next I added an eye in black.


And then the other side and his nostrils.


And I thought I'd finished but it was missing something and then I realised I'd not put the white bit in his eye.


And the white bit in the other eye too.


And now he's finished. 

He is a gift for my mum who loves ducks. She did say she didn't want any more, but hopefully she will accept this one.

No comments:

Blog Archive