Saturday 19 August 2017

Recycled Fabric Journal


I was meant to be at a workshop today making a book, but unforunately it was cancelled by the tutors, so I decided to make my own. I started by making some Teesha 'pillows' and embellishing them.



I chose these pillows for the front cover.


And these ones for the back cover.


I have sewn them all together to create the book covers.


Inside I've used recycled envelopes of different sizes.



Added in some stamped images.


Machine sewn around the fabric images and the strips on the edges.


Inside front cover and first page.


Last page and inside of the back cover.




Selection of some of the inside pages.

PaperArtsy still have a them of books, so I'm going to enter this one too.

This book is for sale in my FB shop if you are interested.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Great cover, Sam! shame your workshop got cancelled

chrissie said...

Amazing ideas as always Sam. You should be tutoring your own classes you have so many skills

Love Chrissie xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Sam, very creative. I would have sulked if a workshop got cancelled lol xx

Blog Archive