I wanted to have a play today with the transparent powertex. I decided to play with a couple of pieces of polystyrene.
I painted them with black gesso and used a PA mini script to stamp in white gesso. I stamped in black stazon onto the piece of mulberry bark.
I wanted to see if I could make some of the fabric pieces stand out on their own again, like I did last weekend with the lace in the hoop on the Stone Art workshop.
I then did the other side of the heart.
This is the base, it has the stamped mullery bark draped over it.
And this is how the tassels came out, very impressed they are all free standing.
I used a wooden BBQ skewer to join the two pieces together.
I added a couple of pieces of lace in heart shapes and placed a piece of fabric down the middle.
PaperArtsy have a theme of hearts this time around and there is a powertex challenge on for valentines so been as I have a heart and some French script what could be better!!