So I had a play with some wire to try and create the shape of the frame I wanted to use for my fairy. For the head and nose I used a couple of polystyrene balls.
Next I bent the wires into a sitting position and used the roll of masking tape as a temporary seat. I built up the body with tin foil and masking tape and put masking tape on the arms and legs.
Next I wrapped the whole frame with t-shirt material which had been dipped in a mix of ivory and black Powertex as I wanted a grey colour, once dry, I gave her a basic skirt.
I added more black to the powertex mixture in the hope of darkening it, then dipped in the pieces of lace for her skirt, waist band and front panel. I then added the head and the hair. Now this was possibly a mistake.
Next I attempted to add the fairy wings, which again had been structured with wire.
And after spending an evening in the airing cupboard, this is what she now looks like.
And this is a view from the side. It's dark outside so this is taken with the light on.
I coloured the wings with patina and teal dazzling metallics.
Painted the hair with titan buff, the legs, arms and halo with silver media paint.
I painted the lace pieces with amethyst and purple pearl dazzling metallics.
I have sat her on a piece of polystyrene which I am going to turn into a piece of stone using the stone art powertex product, once I've taken the class!!
Unfortunately, even though it is dry, it's very cloudy, and I don't think we're going to see the sun so I'll not get outside to take some decent photos today.
The sun popped out for all of 5 minutes, so I took full advantage!