This is a pre-scheduled post as I am at Stevenage craft show at present and most of the recipients will have already had their atcs. So using the techniques we played with on the James weekend I made some atcs and a holder to put them in for everyone who went on the workshop.
So I created a border using bits brought home from James's weekend. I was lucky enough to pick up some glossy mags from the local charity shop, so created the faces.
Border and image outlined in black pen and white dots added with white posca pen.
You can see them better on this one, on the red background.
For these I cut out loads and loads of faces, it took me absolutely ages, then stuck them all on individually!!!
I then gave them a wash using Golden transparent high flow paints.
This is the one with the dioxazine purple hue.
And this one has the quniacrindone azo gold.
And the third one is a Lynne Perrella technique of putting down loads of different coloured squares, again this took ages and then to glue each one individually, 35 on each one!
The dots are hole punched shapes and the fibers are from stands of wool.
And the final set, backgrounds painted with Dylusions as I wanted them bright. Again using leftovers from the weekend, I chose 5 images that had been stamped onto fabric.
And was umming and arrring, but finally took the plunge and decided to sew them on. As you can see, I need more lessons on the corners - lol.
The word is just stuck on with glue.
This is quite a thick material, but still worked out okay with the sewing.
I think this was Chris's chosen stamp which I kept borrowing!
And finally, this was my chosen stamp.
Then I set to and made some little book style holders. Each one holds 4 atc's.
This is the two outside pages with a couple of atc's in.
And the inside pages of the holder.
Close up of the single outside page.
And a close up of one of the inside pages.
Stood up looking at the inside pages.
And stood up outside pages.
I then decided to put them in a box using gelli plate prints. The boxes were made using the envelope punch board. As I was putting a fastening on the box I needed to know who's was who's so put their names on the front and a little image.