Tuesday 25 August 2015

Atc Swap - Texture


Patterned papers and newspaper text were added to the base of the mdf atc and given a coat of matte medium from DecoArt. The images were taken from an oriental atc book and the symbols down the middle is washi tape. Everything was given a coat of DecoArt media clear crackle.


The edges were outlined in radiant red metallic lustre.


Close up of the crackle after white antiquing cream had been applied and buffed up.


Unfortunately I forgot to take any step by step photos of the making of this one. I added a couple of pieces of thick corrugated, some patterned papers and some black modelling paste. I painted the whole atc with various colours of dazzling metallics and black chalky paint. I used orange flicker metallic lustre over the modelling paste, the wooden cog and the metal clock face.

Over at PA this week they have a theme of circles, so I am entering the bottom atc due to all the round elements on there!!

All products are from the DecoArt range.




9 comments:

Sandy said...

Both of your ATCs are wonderful -- I really don't know which one I like the best!!!
I have to admit, I don't know what mdf atc means. The designs you have created are remarkable. Especially the second one but at the same time I think the Oriental one is my favorite!!
Sandy xx

sam21ski said...

Sandy - MDF is just a type of wood, it's quite smooth and very light weight xx

Helen said...

great atcs, Sam - especially love the cogs one.

craftytrog said...

These are both fabulous Sam! xxx

Kathyk said...

Simply splendid - love the ATC

Kathyk

hazel said...

Brilliant ATCs Sam - love them both.
xxx Hazel.

Deborah Wainwright said...

i only recently started playing with Atc they are so much fun. Your use of them is fantastic xx

Sue said...

Like these Sam, especially the cog one xx

Kirsten said...

Love these, especially the second one, it's gorgeous.

Blog Archive