Thursday 5 July 2012

A T!mmy Tag


Over at Simon Say Stamp Challenge this week their theme is simply a tag or an atc, but when you read a little further down the page all the DT have used T!mmy products, so they would really like to see these on our tags or atcs.  

So as you can see, I decided on an all T!m tag.  The base is coloured with scattered straw, rusty hinge and wild honey distress stain.  I stamped the script from the papillon plate with black archival ink and then over stamped it in picket fence distress stain.  I stamped the horizontal row of butterflies in picket fence distress stain three times on the tag.  I stamped the lines stamp from the mixed media plate again in black archival.  I edged the tag with walnut stain distress ink.  

I die cut the mini butterflies from text / music paper and coloured them with wild honey and rusty hinge distress ink.  I put gems down the centre of the bodies.  I stained a piece of fabric with wild honey and scattered straw distress stain and stamped it with the same line stamp as above.  I puckered it up and added some brads which I hit with the T!mmy hammer.  I took the wish ticket and inked it with walnut stain distress inks and mounted it in a memo pin.  

I coloured the ribbon with walnut stain and rusty hinge stains, added a butterfly reinforcer and the destiny tag on a mini safety pin.

And in-between the rain I managed to go outside and get a half decent photo!!!!

10 comments:

Femmy said...

love it!! beautiful tag.

Marianne said...

Lovely tag wirh these "rusty" colours. Hope you win this time!
Good luck at the draw.
Hugs,
Marianne

Jenny Marples said...

Genius thought process here to combine the two challenges. Think I'll do the same to save time.
You have stepped outside the box and gone for completely different colours/a different look, which I love.
Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

downrightcrafty said...

oh and what an ace Timmy Tag it is love the colours and the little tag and gorgeous pearly butterfly bodies
good luck
Hugs Kate x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Sam, I love these colours and the gathered fabric. Re the brads - surely you hit them with a Timmy Mallet boom boom!!

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely colours, and fab look overall

Deborah said...

A really lovely tag, Sam. I love the pleated fabric - looks so good.

Kristen said...

I don't normally gravitate towards those colors, but I think I may have to give it a go, this looks great!!

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous tag, I love all your super details.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Such gorgeous colors you used and lovely details... love those butterflies! :) Thanks for playing along in the tag/ATC challeng over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Blog Archive