Saturday 7 July 2012

More Stitches


More stitches over at Art Journey.  I coloured the base of the card with permanent green (640.5) pan pastel.  I cut a piece of muslin and stamped the Art Journey image from the Friends 2 plate in timber brown stazon.  I frayed the edges and coloured them with burnt sienna shade (740.3) pan pastel.  I sewed a zig-zag stitch with the sewing machine to attach the strip of hessian and the tulle fabric.  I also sewed a row top right to hold the fabric in place on the card.  I cut the tulle and used the heat gun to singe it but couldn't do it as much as I wanted to as I didn't want to set the card on fire!!!  I haven't added a sentiment yet, as I don't know what I'm going to use it for.


11 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow Sam, This is great. Love the stamp on the muslin and the tulle that you used. So very creative!!
Great piece of art!
Hugs,
Marianne

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...super card Sam, loVe your stitchery, adds nice texture...Mel :)

Jenny Marples said...

Love this. Doing it on fabric and adding that tulle make the image so atmospheric. Just a suggestion - I keep a stash of ATC's/tags/small projects in a box to use as toppers on cards when they are needed in a rush and I don't have time to do the whole thing. As you rightly say, you can add the appropriate sentiment and possibly some M&L at that stage. It's saved my bacon on more than one occasion now!!
Loving your creativity, hugs Buttons x

Dianne said...

Beautiful composition of paper en Fabric.. the pan colors are beatiful too..

gr. Dianne

Rika said...

Love the comby of paper & fabric.

Neet said...

You do this so well Sam, a lovely entry for the challenge.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Karin said...

it looks great, beautiful combination of things!

Willy said...

beautiful card!!

Anneke said...

Like the effect of stamping on fabric. The stitches and tule are beautiful details! Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in our challenge!

Art Journey said...

A really great card! Love this stamp you used!!!!

Godelieve said...

How gorgeous is this!

Blog Archive