JFF this week is asking for a new technique, so I thought I'd try this out. Using alcohol inks on friendly plastic, and wow, I love the results. I melted two pieces of plain white together, swiped them with Ranger blending solution. Dripped blobs of AI onto the plastic. I let each colour dry before I applied another. I used a combination of blending solution and surgical sprits to 'lift off' some of the colour to create the lighter areas. For further info check out the art of friendly plastic blog from where I followed their instructions.
Once I was happy with the colour combo, I turned it over and heated the back with a hairdryer type heat gun (you can use the other type but just be aware as it seems to get hotter quicker) until it had a glossy sheen to it. I then placed a piece of rainbow transfer foil face up on the FP and rubbed it on. When it had cooled I peeled it off to reveal the above.
I heated the FP again and cut into it using a hand shaped metal cutter. Once cooled, I pulled the cutter from the FP and above is the result.
And this is the back.