Sunday 8 August 2010

Live the Dream


As I didn't realise how far the Eco-line inks went I coloured another piece of fabric with the same colours and again used gesso.  I laid various colour co-ordinated fabrics over the top and arrived at this. I sewed on each piece individually using various stitches.  The 'THE' letters are free motion stitching where I tried to use my needle as a pen and colour them in.  I printed the word live onto a piece of acetate and mounted it onto a piece of card inside one of T!m's frame embellishments.  The dream embellishment is one I picked up in Michaels on holiday one year. The cream organza at the top is a circle shape which is kind of fanned and is attached just under the metal frame, so the top and sides are lose and free moving.  I added the string of beads onto a piece of thread that was left long from the stitching.  The buttons and pin were added.  I have left the edges frayed and long threads hanging to give it more of a distressed look rather than clean cut.  Jo has given me loads of tips and I hope I am getting there with this piece.

Again, in my opinion it looks so much better IRL.

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

OK now your just showing off with your stitching which I have to say is getting very impressive or for someone with a machine that she cannot get to work very annoying :(

Great piece

Kate xx

Zoechaos said...

WOW its not been 5 minutes since you go the machine and WOW writing with it. This sampler is simply stunning xx Zoe

Sid said...

Love this one too !!

Chrissie said...

Stunning as always Sam
Chrissie x

Anonymous said...

Sam thats gorgeous. You are a clever cookie. Love your new look blog too
hugs June xxxx

JoZart Designs said...

You are looking at your work with a whole different perspective and it really shows for it. Thanks for the element of credit but all credit goes to you for how you are approaching each different piece.
Excellent!
Jo x

Jackie Elwin said...

oh these are very pretty and your letters are great!

LazyKay said...

That is brill, esp the word THE that you've stitched.

Colours are excellent.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Neet said...

This is gorgeous - such a dreamy piece - I really do like this one.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love all the fabulous layers! x

Blog Archive