For the base of this piece I used felt. I dyed all the other materials with various shades eco-line inks. Laid the larger pieces down on the felt, added the fibres, lace, organza and tulle over the top. Sewed all the pieces together in a random fashion. Using the heat gun I melted away some of the fabrics and the felt. If you click on the photo for a close up you will be able to see that I didn't go too mad with the heat, just enough to give the materials some movement. Lastly, I added the felt heart.
I made this in exactly the same way as above except the base is a piece of dyed vilene and I also used silk paints along with the eco-line inks. I didn't use the heat tool on this piece as I liked the way it had come together without, but felt it needed a little something else. So I printed an image onto acetate and sewed it onto a used and dried out babywipe. I used the heat tool to melt the edges and sewed it on as the main feature.