Saturday 26 September 2009

Lotstodo Challenge - Black, orange and one other


I've bought a few new books recently and this piece is made from inspiration in one of them, but for the life of me I can't remember which one, when I find it again I'll let you know!!!

I made a template of the shape and then cut it out of metal. Did some embossing with the Cuttlebug, rubbed it over with black acrylic dabber paint. The frame housing the skeleton image is made from grungeboard and painted with orange acrylic dabber paint, sanded down and rubber over with black stazon. A piece of orange metalic foil tape was added across the top, along with eyelets and an inside out bottle top with an image. The word 'wicked' was added along the bottom.

This piece will double up as my 'something for halloween' swap over on Lotstodo.

9 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

wow as it says again a "wicked" piece. Love the skeleton and the top fan very effective
kate x

Effie said...

Fab.. I love shrine type things

Femmy said...

fantastic piece Sam!! love the metal piece!!

Yvonne said...

Very, very creative!

LazyKay said...

Oh, I thought I'd left a comment on this but anyway, I like it and love the word you've chosen to go with it for the theme.

xxxxxxxxxx

Carol said...

Brill ... if a little spooky :)

TC

Meikoningin said...

This is such an inspiring piece :D Love the EEK-factor of it !

crafty creations said...

Absolutely brilliant Sam !!!! Love it. I must have the same book !!! Did one similar way back in february - nowhere near as good as yours though - thnik mine was for Dawne's birthday

x Hilda

mommabear said...

Another brilliant piece Ssm

Blog Archive