Sunday 13 June 2021

Boot Planter

 

This boot planter is in need of a makeover.


It looks a little worse for wear.


A view from the top where you put the plant in.


Gave everything a coat of ivory powertex.


Put it outside in the sun to dry.


Sprayed with brown / natural bister and heated with a hairdryer.


I also gave the bottom a coat as it was leaking!


Then I wiped some of the bister back.


I'm luckily enough to have red and black powertex, so I painted the ladybirds in it.


And I also have green and yellow.


Then I added copper wax to the eyelets and green to the leaves.


Close up of the bister.



Close up of the flower on the front.

Then I sprayed the piece with fixative to fix the bister before I gave it all a coat of varnish.

#rusteffects #powertex #upcyclingchallenge

No comments:

Blog Archive