Wednesday 14 April 2021

Skull and Cogs Candle Jar

 

I covered the jar in a piece of lace and laid out some of the resin, chipboard and metal embellishments.


Then I painted them all black.


Once I stuck them on, I coloured them with the waxes.


Then I decided to add some micro beads.


I put a tallish candle inside which flickers.


And because the lace is still see through and the jar was clear, you can see the candle and the light it gives off through the back.


Then I put in a battery tea light that changes colours.

From the back.


And then it went to orange.


And a yellowy orange.


And the back of the orangey one.


And my favourite, the green light.


And I love the back of this colour.


And the red colour.


And the pink coloured light.

And this is the purple light colour from the back.

I took inspiration for this from the mixed media tutorial by Anat Weksler Finnabair Art Files Youtube.

No comments:

Blog Archive