Sunday 18 April 2021

Silicone Rubber Mould Making

 

All set up ready to make some moulds from pieces I already had.


I was overly ambitious as this is all I got out of a 1kg kit!


They came out pretty good for a first try, and I learnt a few things for next time too.


To make these moulds I used the Pebeo Siligum Moulding paste as some of the pieces weren't flat.


These are the resin casts that came out of the moulds I made - very happy with them all.


I made some more moulds.


These came out great but the skull one is really really thin on top so it will probably split. I didn't seal the bottom well enough and it spilled out more than I expected it to.  Live and learn!!


Was really pleased with how they turned out, except the skull, the top was that thin that it tore, so I will have to make another one, but it was a good learning curve for the future.

No comments:

Blog Archive