Monday 1 March 2021

MDF Mould Makes

 


I treated myself to four of the new release moulds from Finnabair (Prima Marketing) to play with.


I also bought some fast cast resin and OMGosh, this stuff is amazing.


20 minutes later and they are done - wow!


So I carried on and made some more.


I pulled out some different shapes of mdf and used black modelling paste to stencil onto them. I also added some crackle paste in various areas too.


Once dry I painted them all with a coat of black gesso.


I played with the resin pieces and other bits and bobs to build up compositions that I liked. I attached them with heavy gel medium and once dry painted everything with black powertex.


I used mica flakes on the wings.


Metallic lustres were used on this one.


I used green metallic foil to colour the queen of steam and the rest are coloured with a mix of metallic lustres and treasure golds.


For this one I just wanted a subtle blend of a few colours.  Metallic lustres used.


And finally I used a mix of metallic lustres and treasure golds.

No comments:

Blog Archive