Friday 4 December 2020

Christmas Wreath

 


I started off with cutting myself a polystyrene ring with my new cutter.  I wrapped it in t-shirt fabric and powertex and left it to dry.


Once completely dried I coloured it with gold pigment to bring out the textures all over.


Then I started playing with some natural elements and arranging them on the wreath.


Close up of some of the natural elements.


I didn't have a merry christmas, so I made my own.



I started to powertex bits down and then stopped as I had an idea of how to attach the letters.


Once I'd figured out the letters, I continued to use the powertex to secure everything in place.


Once everything was totally secure, I went over everything again with another coat of powertex.  I also used lime stickles on the letters.



And here is my finished wreath, I decided to go down the green and gold route although I realise you can't see it very well in this photo as it's so dark and still raining!!


Close up of some of the dry brushing.


And some more.  I used the gold first and then the green on top.


The Merry ended up too far to the left so I made some more holly leaves to fill in the gap.


Close up of the first set of leaves and berries which hopefully represent holly!


And again, finally the finished wreath, which I am really really pleased with as I was meant to be going on a wreath workshop tomorrow, but unfortunately due to being in tier 3, it's had to be cancelled.

No comments:

Blog Archive