Friday 4 December 2020

Cherub in the Moonlight


This was the middle out of my wreath.  I used a sharpie to mark where I wanted to cut another shape out.


Cutter used, and I now have a 'C' shape.


I then gave it a coat of white powertex.


Next I made up a mix of 3d flex and powertex and splodged it on one side.


Next I found a cherub and some hearts and started arranging them.


I made some grooves in the three smaller hearts so they fitted on my piece of thickish wire.


Got a piece of cotton scrim for the figure to sit on and it's an easy way to attach it to the polystyrene.


I picked out some hearts and coloured them silver and also used silver treasure gold over the easy 3d flex texture.


Close up of the little cherub and hearts.


Close up of the treasure gold on the 3d flex.


Then I mounted it on a wooden stand.

Huge thanks to Ashley Hay and Natalie Parish for the inspiration over these last 5 days.

No comments:

Blog Archive