Friday 25 September 2020

Green man Plaque - Autumn

 


I've wanted to make a greenman plaque for ages.  I missed out on a workshop a while ago and then the next one was on a week day, so I couldn't go again.  Anyway, then I remembered that a friend at the time, had bought me a powertex green man plaster piece for my birthday, so I went and dug it out.  I also went to another friends house last Saturday to pick up some bits and bobs she'd saved for me, including some jewellery and dried fir cone bottoms.  From all of this stash I came up with the above arrangement.


I then laid it all out and gave it a coat of bronze powertex and allowed it to dry.


Then I had a wander down to the post office and came across a tree which was shedding its acorns and caps, so I picked a few up on the way back and added them to my piece.


Then once everything was completely dry I got the pigments out and started to colour everything up.  

Apparently there are four seasons to the green man set and this one is my version of autumn.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Blog Archive