When we went to the powertex class a couple of weeks ago, Lin kindly brought me her Teesha Moore stamp, we call him 'the boy'. I used him with black paint to stamp onto fabric, then cut them into 7.5cm x 9.5cm pieces approx.
I was originally going to have 5 x 4 images, but when I put them on the fabric after I'd finally chose which I was going to use, I realised it would be a bit too big, so went with 4 x 3 instead.
I used a zig zag stitch between the images.
As I've never attempted a bag before I did look to see what I could find to help me on the internet but I think rather than helping it confused me, so I went my own way with it. I cut some panels for the bottom and sides.
I found some lovely green fabric which would work perfectly as a lining.
All the side panels sewn together.
And the tricky part, sewing the last panels and bottom together to make the bag shape.
Next came the straps for the handles.
Quite impressed with how the side panels came out, more by luck than judgement!
I turned the straps back the right way round,pinned them into the bag and when I'd got them where I wanted them, sewed them in.
Just tided up the top and the inside and there we are, all done. Very pleased with how it came out, especially for a first attempt.
And the sides don't look too bad either.