Friday 26 August 2016

Hochanda Ghoul


Having watched Tracey Evans on Hochanda I made a ghoul using a Wilkos meat basher, a clay skull from a mold, tinfoil and masking tape to get to the above stage.


This was him having been given the black Powertex treatment using lots of different fabrics including t-shirt material, lace, ric-rac and power cotton. 


Here he is outside after being in the airing cupboard all night. Now at this point I was going to wait before I coloured him.


I'm visiting a shop in a couple of weeks that carries the whole Powertex range, so was going to get some more of the pigments, but............


I couldn't wait that long so out came the Ranger Perfect Pearls, the Primary Elements and the DecoArt satin varnish. 


I really can't believe how dull the colours look even though the sun is out, but IRL they are really vibrant, I love him.


Front view, I used about three different colours of blue to give him a bit of colour.


I did the hat in heirloom gold perfect pearls and also gave his face a light brushing with it too.

10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

He's fantastic - what a brilliant piece of Halloween art.
Alison x

snazzyoriginal said...

Love your ghoul, so much texture and depth x

Sandy said...

I totally agree with Alison - wonderful and spooky!!
sandy xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so brilliant Sam!!! Wld love to see it irl. Hope you've sent a photo to Tracey! I saw the ghoul progs and thought they were great, and yours is just as superb as the samples,

Lucy x

Helen said...

He's fabulous, Sam! I must remember to get some bashers tomorrow!

chrissie said...

Wonderful work on this Sam it has real character

Love Chrissie xx

Evil Edna said...

that is awesome, I can almost see it scaring people as it reaches for them in the dark... please, please x20 use it as Christmas tree fairy!

Sue said...

I love him Sam, he has such character xx

Corrie Herriman said...

I love your ghoul ! He's fantastic !
Corrie x

hazel said...

A wonderful ghoul, I love him.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive