After watching the 5 inspiring Powertex shows on Hochanda earlier in the week, Tracey inspired me to have a play with a fairy house, but in true fashion, I changed it from a fairy to a scary house!!
I used t-shirt fabric to cover the body of the coffee jar and added pieces of dishcloth, cotton scrim, lace and cotton strands
The skulls and faces are made from air dry clay and it takes the powertex quite well. I also wanted to incorporate an eye!
This is the lid or the roof. I wanted to create space to add in another eye!
The jar with the roof on.
As the lid is loose, I can position it where I want.
View from the other side.
Painted the eyes in once I'd taken them out of the cling film and popped them back in again.
From another angle with the roof on.
Dry brushed with yellow ochre pigment mixed with Decoart satin varnish.
From another angle, love how the pigment brings it to life.
Moved the lid round so that both eyes are facing forwards!
Close up of the bottom eye painted with DecoArt media paints.
Close up of the dry brushing to hi-light all the different elements.