Sunday 31 May 2015

Objection Over Ruled


This is a deep 4 x 4 canvas that I was playing around with yesterday using the Dylusion paints and making marks with the end of a paintbrush, bottle tops and an old credit card.


I took a while to find the right image as I didn't want to cover too much of it up and I also didn't want to stamp onto tissue, so I eventually settled on this PA Mini and a couple of words.


Like I said it's a deep edged canvas, so here are the edges.



Over at FSC they have a new theme of people or person, so I am hoping my head counts for a person but not sure if you have to include a body or not. I'm sure someone will let me know!!!

And the Love to Create challenge theme this week is mixed media.

10 comments:

Claire said...

Really nice Sam, great blending with the Dylusions paint! X

Helen said...

oh Sam this looks fabulous - love the marks you made on the canvas - the highlights of white make the circles look like smiling faces!!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, I love this, Sam - the colours are so vivid and beautifully blended (please don't tell me I "need" the Dylusions paints now!!), and your paintbrush markings are so cool. Love the deep edges too. Sorry to have been a useless visitor lately - just not keeping up!
Alison xx

hazel said...

A fabulous canvas Sam.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten said...

That is GORGEOUS Sam, I love the colours.

chrissie said...

Wonderful box alteration Sam with great colours and images. Love the ise of the bottle top as a stamp

Chrissie xx

Unknown said...

I love this box canvas Sam. The background is fabulous and the image is a perfect fit!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Deborah said...

Just goes to show that the simplest 'tools' in the right hands work just as well as all the stencils and stamps you can buy. It's what you do with them - and this is fab.

Shirley said...

This counts as far as I am concerned Sam after all you wouldn't be a person without a head!!!
Totally gorgeous make.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Mrs.B said...

This is a fabulous little canvas, love the colours and I'm sure your 'head' counts - he is part of a person after all. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril

Blog Archive