Been playing with fabric bits today. Base is a piece of purple acrylic felt and then chopped pieces of organza, bits of cotton scrim, other scraps of fabric, then a layer of bondaweb.
Left - throwsters waste and gilding flakes ironed over the top
Right - cotton scrim and gilding flakes ironed over the top
Then I took a piece of bright red organza and stitched it over the top. I used gold to stitch around the borders.
And unfortunately you can't see this one very well, but I used a silky orange thread and a lovely stitch to add a grid to this piece.
So I've shown you the back, so you can see what I've done and the fab stitch that I didn't even know I had!!
I did make them with the intention of burning and making marks on them, but I quite like them how they are, so might leave these as they are and make some more.