Over at the PA Blog, Alison is back and for her first project has been playing with tags and flipping a stencil. For my tag base I used a couple of the backing sheets that come with the PA chipboard shapes. The arches are cut from chipboard using T!m's set of 3 arches dies.
I gave them a coat of vanilla but you could still see through so then added a coat of haystack, then brown shed and finally blood orange.
For the top half of the tag I used yellow sub on the stencil but didn't feel it showed up very well, so then used zesy zing. The right is through the stencil, the left is it flipped.
Then I took some of the stamps from the above LB04 plate (not the flowers)
And randomly stamped them in snowflake fresco paint over the backgrounds.
I then took the above colours of distress ink
And sponged them onto the backgrounds to tone down the white images.
Painted the chipboard arches in blood orange fresco.
I used crackle on the arches and a top coat of haystack. Using my new wooden PA stamp I stamped the symbols in red stazon onto white card and coloured with spiced marmalade distress ink.
Next I took a dowel of wood
And chopped it into 4 pieces and spiked the ends with a craft knife. I was trying to resemble some type of chopsticks to keep in with the oriental theme.
And these are my assembled finished pair of tags.