Monday 4 November 2013

Two of a Kind


Over at the PA Blog, Alison is back and for her first project has been playing with tags and flipping a stencil. For my tag base I used a couple of the backing sheets that come with the PA chipboard shapes. The arches are cut from chipboard using T!m's set of 3 arches dies.


I gave them a coat of vanilla but you could still see through so then added a coat of haystack, then brown shed and finally blood orange.


For the top half of the tag I used yellow sub on the stencil but didn't feel it showed up very well, so then used zesy zing.  The right is through the stencil, the left is it flipped.


Then I took some of the stamps from the above LB04 plate (not the flowers) 


And randomly stamped them in snowflake fresco paint over the backgrounds.


I then took the above colours of distress ink


And sponged them onto the backgrounds to tone down the white images.


Painted the chipboard arches in blood orange fresco.


I used crackle on the arches and a top coat of haystack. Using my new wooden PA stamp I stamped the symbols in red stazon onto white card and coloured with spiced marmalade distress ink.


Next I took a dowel of wood 


And chopped it into 4 pieces and spiked the ends with a craft knife. I was trying to resemble some type of chopsticks to keep in with the oriental theme.


And these are my assembled finished pair of tags.

17 comments:

Marianne said...

Yes gorgeous!! I saw Alisons project and you lifted it very well. Love the oriental look you gave it and the sticks LOL.
xxx Marianne

Helen said...

Wonderful Sam!!

Julie Lee said...

Wow, Sam! That was quick! I love the colours of these and my favourite, oriental theme works so well. Great work! Julie Ann xx

Claire said...

Hi Sam, great take on Alison's project. I love the oriental theme you've used. Claire x

Words and Pictures said...

Good grief - that was quick off the mark, Sam!! Love your Oriental take on the tags and warm, rich colours - fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along!
Alison xx

Sid said...

Nice tags Sam !!

chrissie said...

Stunning tags Sam--love the way you did the frames.

Have a great day

Chrissie x

Deborah said...

Love your oriental twist to the project, Sam. Wonderful!

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous Tags! The background Image and the layer is fabulous harmony. I love it!
Etsuko xx

Alison said...

Wow! These are stunning Sam! Love the colours! xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

Stunning colour combination, really works beautifully.

Unknown said...

Wow - absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! They're gorgeous!

Sandy said...

This is really fabulous Sam - you are really going to town with all your creative juices flowing. I love Alison's work too. I have gotten rather behind in my blog snooping but I do try to catch up once in a while.
Sandy

Sarah B said...

I must be brave and try some brighter colours as these are just brilliant ! really cheery to look at on a damp grey day x

Sue said...

These are beautiful Sam xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous x

Blog Archive