I created the front cover by spreading grunge paste over the chipboard and stamping into it to create the texture, for more info, see this video here. Once completely dry I painted it with blood orange and French roast fresco paint. I then used the negative of the umbrella man die, so it acted as a stencil, mixed black into some grunge paste and filled the gap. As you can see I didn't smooth it off as I wanted texture. This idea came from a challenge set by Arty Inklings.
Next I started to apply onyxite and ruby treasure gold to the cover to enhance the grunge paste texture.
And I added a few eyelets for decoration.
I used T!m's one the edge file die to create some dividers. I embossed each one and coloured it with lumiere paints.
And the same with the backs.
This is the back cover, made exactly the same as the front minus the umbrella man. I used the mini cogs to cover the holes of the book rings.
This is the inside of the book, once put together and stood up. I just need to cut some paper to put between each divider, but I wanted to get a photo before it rained!!
This is the front of the book with the book rings and chain added.
I'm also entering into Altered Eclectics as they have an anything goes theme.
Simon Says Stamp Monday have a challenge of embossed, so I'm entering over there too!!