Friday 21 September 2012

Anything But A Card - Texture


Over at Anything But A Card (ABAC) this week they are asking to see texture, so I decided to make another box using the flowers I'd made earlier in the week.


I made the box from my new Sizzix die (box candy drawer) using chipboard and then running through a couple of different colours of chocolate box core card.  I needed to use the crease plate for these as they were much thinner than the chipboard.


Once cut, I put them through the Cuttlebug stylized flowers embossing folder and sanded to lift off the brown and reveal the pinky / purple core colour.


I added a T!m idea-o-logy hitch fastener and a distressed flower to the front of the drawer to make a handle. 


A view from the side.


And finally with the drawer open.

17 comments:

Marianne said...

Lovely lovely lovely!!! What a beautiful box. You have made another stunning creation. Great! Hugs,
Marianne

Julia S-W said...

What a gorgeous box Sam!! I love the flowers - of course - and I have that EB folder so I love that too. The flower strip is so versatile that I wonder what I ever did without it to be honest. Gorgeous colours too.
Glad you joined us at ABAC with this fab project.
Juliaxx

Netrix said...

Gorgeous little box and really nice colour combo

Thanks for sharing
Jeanette x

hazel said...

Another fabulous box Sam. The flowers are gorgeous and the colours lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Loving the textures on everything.

Unknown said...

Your box looks fabulous.

I love it too.

carol

Paula Whittaker said...

super little box...think I might have to buy a big shot just so I can get that die!

Jenny Marples said...

Another box WITH tattered flowers! Whoopee!! LOVE it Sam:)) You could seriously sell these for Christmas presents. They are just fab. Hugs, Buttons x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous and yay PINK!!!!!! but those flowers work so well on it just beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

Von said...

Cor this is different for you Sam with flowers it lovely and love the steam punk on too :)
Von ♥

Carol Q said...

that looks excellent Sam.

Sue said...

Gorgeous box Sam, and these flowers are stunning. Really like this x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece - love it! Valerie

Margaret said...

What a lovely box! The subtle pattern adds the perfect amount of interest to the sides without taking away from the gorgeous grungy flowers on top! The drawer pull is wonderful too! Don't you just love how core paper adds so much without much effort!! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!

I also admired the wonderful pictures of your fur babies!! They are so sweet!!

Christy said...

I absolutely love this box!!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC this week :) :)

Rosie said...

Wow, your box is sooo very beautiful, love it

Deena said...

fabulous box- loving the dry embossing and the flowers! Thanks for joining in the Anything But A Card texture challenge...new challenge starts tomorrow and I hope to see another of your creations!

Blog Archive