Sunday, 16 October 2011

Steampunk Canvas


I picked up a couple of these canvas's from The Works earlier in the week because I wanted to have a go at a larger one, this is 12" x 10".  I used dylusion spray inks in lime, vanilla custard and burnt orange to colour the background.  I then put some masks down, flourish (TH), brick wall (Creative Expressions) and barbed wire (TH).  


I then coloured four smaller canvas's and edged them with bottle acrylic dabbers.  


And this is what I created with the pieces.  I stamped images onto tissue paper and used digital images bought from an Etsy site.   I gave them a coat of Stewart Gills paint from the colourise range as they are translucent matte paints.   Added charms, chain, clock parts and prestuds.  I used three of the smaller canvas's.  Used some TH tissue tape, an idea-o-logy ticket, washer and a corner.  From Lincoln I bought a new sizzix 'dream' word die, along with a pad of chocolate box co-ordinations card stack, so I chose the green backed one, die cut the dream and cogs images and sanded back the brown to reveal some of the green.  You'll probably have to zoom in to see it properly.  Finally I edged the canvas with bottle green acrylic dabber.

This weeks Stamp Man Challenge is circle it, so I'm entering this canvas into the challenge.

6 comments:

Sid said...

Super canvas !!

Lottie said...

Oh yes - you really have excelled yourself with this

cockney blonde said...

Absolutely fabulous Sam. You've put a lot of work into that and the finished result is truly great, x

Alison said...

Fantastic canvas Sam! So much to look at, I love everything about it! xx

Deborah said...

Fabulous steampunk art, Sam. And I do like the green,really different.

Neet said...

Oh WOW - fabulous - love it.

Blog Archive