Friday 16 September 2011

Texture Paste 4 x 4


Base is corrugated card cut into a 4 x 4 and covered it in texture paste.  Cut out the keys and lock from my new TH and Sizzix dies.  Covered them in texture paste too and stuck them onto the base.  I then wrote 'lock n keys' in the paste whilst it was still quite wet.  Then the boring part, had to leave it over night to completely dry.  Painted it with metallic olive green lumiere paint and added a touch of russet.  Once dry, I covered the whole area with black acrylic paint and wiped most of it off just leaving it in the nooks and crevasses.  Once dry I gave it a coat of glossy mod podge.

5 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

as always love the texture, and love the red hue's here and there, a great piece
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Ooh - just been catching up with all your lusciousness.

Great techniques - my absolute favourites are your clay makes - brilliant - they look like antiques

Sid said...

Another great textural piece !

Chris said...

Another fab piece, Sam. So much texture and I love the Lumiere paints.

hazel said...

Fabulous textured piece, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive