Hilda and I have never had any success in the past using Tyvek, but my Somerset Studio mag arrived this week and there was a techniques workshop using it, so I thought I'd give it a go and these are the results. I painted a piece of Tyvek and stitched it along with lots of other background materials. I 'hid' an image under the Tyvek. Then using my heatgun I melted the Tyvek to reveal some of the image underneath. I added some embellishments and decided to paint the crown and the heart in stream to give it some contrast. I attached everything to a white piece of card for stability.
This one was done in exactly the same way, but it hasn't burnt as well as the first one and was painted darker to start with, so there are shadows over the image which has made it hard to photograph, but it looks much better in real life. I also decided to see if my alteration dies would cut hessian, and they did, see the top right flower!!!!